MANUFACTURING: QUOTE SPECIALIST
When Fortune 500 businesses need advanced, sophisticated electronic manufacturing and engineering to achieve their goals, they look to the seasoned, innovative, and creative minds at Tecnova. Tecnova is a leading manufacturing and engineering firm that employs only the best personnel with track records of success and the intelligence and drive to always outperform and out-deliver. We provide a challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding environment for professionals who are ready to make a strategic career move. Ideal candidates will be seeking more than just a job. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and talents at an established, discerning company where your expertise is both valued and expected, please apply. Located between Chicago and Milwaukee, Tecnova offers excellent salary packages with 401(k) and medical, dental, and eye care benefits.
Tecnova specializes in PCB, Electro-Mechanical, and Control Panel Assemblies and are committed to providing our customers with quality products, exceptional services, and on-time delivery.
Tecnova Electronics is seeking an experienced Quote Specialist who is responsible for coordinating customer requests with obtaining materials, parts and equipment in order to generate customer quotations. This position has quoting responsibilities which include consulting with other departments, including Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality. Must submit accurate quotations to customers on time and provide the necessary information on any inquiry from an internal or external customer efficiently and accurately.
- Create a comprehensive quote per the customer’s drawing and/or BOM in the timelines given, following Tecnova’s quoting guidelines and ISO9001 procedures.
- Provide pricing for customer projects: raw materials, parts, assemblies, subassemblies, finished goods, MRO materials, equipment, services.
- Communicates with suppliers to discuss material specifications, clarifies and confirms bill of materials, negotiates pricing and identifies alternatives for special or custom orders.
- Understands, analyzes, documents and communicates contractual, technical and terms/conditions and has a working understanding of bid strategies and market conditions.
- Reads and interprets specifications, drawings, statements of work and other information that details requirements.
- Communicates with multiple internal departments including Sales, Management, Purchasing, Finance, and other functions to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete and accurate.
- Follows all Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential (and in some cases, within the supply chain function exclusively).
- Researches and sources new suppliers.
- Completes special projects and compiles special reports as required. Performs other duties and supports Management as needed.
- Performs cost analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and department metrics.
- Provides project status updates to Management.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Requires minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing/quoting in electronics mfg environment
- Must possess thorough knowledge PCBA manufacturing
- Experience using QuoteFX, Silicon Expert, and similar platforms a plus
- Experience sourcing new suppliers both domestic and international; including fabricators, cable assembly, PWB, etc. required.
- Current APICS or ISM Certification a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, with heavy emphasis on Excel required
- Proficient in MRP/ERP systems required
- Ability to read a multilevel BOM, drawings, and specifications, required
- Familiarity with outside processing required
- Understanding of PPAP and firm fixed planning required
- Knowledge of standard purchasing practices and terminology required
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving techniques, and accuracy are essential
- Excellent math and deductive skills key
- Must be able to function well in a team or group environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize duties
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Must be able to comprehend and perform duties in accordance with an ISO9001 Quality System
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
Location & Shift
- Waukegan, IL - Tecnova Manufacturing Headquarters
- First Shift
- No 3rd-party resumes accepted. Principals only – no agencies or contractors
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Because of the immediacy of this position, we are unable to sponsor people at this time