MANUFACTURING: QUALITY ENGINEER
When Fortune 500 businesses need advanced, sophisticated electronic manufacturing and engineering to achieve their goals, they look to the seasoned, innovative, and creative minds at Tecnova. Tecnova is a leading manufacturing and engineering firm that employs only the best personnel with track records of success and the intelligence and drive to always outperform and out-deliver. We provide a challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding environment for professionals who are ready to make a strategic career move. Ideal candidates will be seeking more than just a job. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and talents at an established, discerning company where your expertise is both valued and expected, please apply. Located between Chicago and Milwaukee, Tecnova offers excellent salary packages with 401(k) and medical, dental, and eye care benefits.
Tecnova specializes in PCB, Electro-Mechanical, and Control Panel Assemblies and are committed to providing our customers with quality products, exceptional services, and on-time delivery.
Tecnova Electronics is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer who will support the quality policies and procedures that ensure the manufacturing and delivery of high quality products to Tecnova customers. Tecnova Quality Engineers are also responsible for making recommendations and implementing system/procedure/process changes that will improve quality levels.
- Audit and/or develop quality control plans and processes, and complete part process qualifications as specified by customer or internal requirements. Verify product design for manufacturability.
- Define, document, and analyzes defect data, manufacturing feedback, product returns and other sources of information to identify and resolve the root causes of the issue.
- Owns the Supplier Corrective Action Resolution process. Works with internal teams (manufacturing, engineering, supply chain) and suppliers to bring about permanent resolution to issues.
- Perform capability studies and help improve quality indices for each department’s processes and programs. Prepare and present regular program specific quality reports detailing yields, trends and root cause failure analysis.
- Facilitate improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Work with Manufacturing & Process Engineers to coordinate and prepare sample submission packages. Updates and maintains FEMA’s, Process Flow diagrams and Process Control Plans for PPAPs.
- Complete warranty returns analysis when required.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Electronics, Engineering or Quality preferred
- Requires 5+ years Quality Assurance experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Experienced in leading cost reduction and continuous improvement projects
- Certification in ASQ, preferred
- Sound knowledge of IPC standards
- Sound knowledge of S.P.C. standards
- Sound knowledge of GD&T, FMEA, DOE
- Knowledge of process controls
- Knowledge of ISO9000 and auditing
- Knowledge of CMM’s, X-Ray, AOI are an asset
- Written and oral communication skills are essential
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, problem solving techniques, and accuracy are essential
Candidates must have the ability to:
- Function well in a team or group environment
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize duties
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Distinguish colors, fine circuit detail and tone
- Medical, disability, and life insurance
Location & Shift
- Waukegan, IL - Tecnova Manufacturing Headquarters
- First Shift Position
- No 3rd-party resumes accepted. Principals only – no agencies or contractors.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident authorized to work in this country for any employer. Because of the immediacy of this position, we are unable to sponsor people at this time.