MANUFACTURING: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - SMT
When Fortune 500 businesses need advanced, sophisticated electronic manufacturing and engineering to achieve their goals, they look to the seasoned, innovative, and creative minds at Tecnova. Tecnova is a leading manufacturing and engineering firm that employs only the best personnel with track records of success and the intelligence and drive to always outperform and out-deliver. We provide a challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding environment for professionals who are ready to make a strategic career move. Ideal candidates will be seeking more than just a job. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and talents at an established, discerning company where your expertise is both valued and expected, please apply. Located between Chicago and Milwaukee, Tecnova offers excellent salary packages with 401(k) and medical, dental, and eye care benefits.
We specialize in PCB, Electro-Mechanical, and Control Panel Assemblies and are committed to providing our customers with quality products, exceptional services, and on-time delivery.
Tecnova Electronics is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor for our SMT department who is responsible for planning, developing, executing, and monitoring all SMT functions.
- Coordinate and maintain production schedule
- Work with other departments to ensure on-time delivery
- Assist in Quality Planning; develop, document and maintain manufacturing processes and procedures
- Coach, train and supervise Process Engineer and SMT Operators
- Work with Design Authority/Engineering to ensure products comply to specifications
- Provide timely and accurate decisions to prevent loss, damage or scrap
- Review assembly information for new and existing products. Analyze work order summaries for labor variances
- Strive for continual improvement
- Execute interviews, orientations, discipline program, and terminations
- Review new tools and techniques to improve production quality and efficiency
- Requires Associate degree or Trade school certification in electronics
- 5+ years of SMT manufacturing related experience
- 3+ years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Requires knowledge of manufacturing and inventory principles
- Requires knowledge of quality systems and tools
- Requires Intermediate computer skills, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires some electrical engineering knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving techniques, and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication, math, and deductive skills are key
- Must be able to comprehend and perform duties in accordance with an ISO9001 Quality System
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Distinguish colors, fine circuit detail, and tones
- Eye protection required in manufacturing area
- ESD protection required in manufacturing area
• No 3rd-party resumes accepted. Principals only – no agencies or contractors.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident authorized to work in this country for any employer. Because of the immediacy of this position, we are unable to sponsor people at this time.
• Medical and life insurance